College of Graduate Studies
By Patty Wellborn on September 19, 2023
Goal is to reduce costs, environmental impacts and health risks of aquatic centres
The post UBCO researchers dive into ways to make public pools more environmentally sustainable appeared first on UBC Okanagan News.
By David Trifunov on July 25, 2023
New technique can extract and recycle phosphorous from municipal waste
The post UBCO researchers recover vital resources from wastewater sludge appeared first on UBC Okanagan News.
By Viola Cohen on June 19, 2023
Graduate students Dawn Machin and Sarah Alexis are incorporating traditional Indigenous knowledge into their research about our relationship with water.
By Viola Cohen on May 8, 2023
Master’s student Mohammad Mosaffa is using machine learning to improve customer service.
By Viola Cohen on May 4, 2023
Doctoral student Melanie Dickie’s research explores how these factors combine to influence the natural world.
The post How humans and climate change affect our environment appeared first on UBC Okanagan News.
By Viola Cohen on May 4, 2023
Hanna Paul returned to her First Nations community to research moon time teachings and build confidence for youth and women.
By Viola Cohen on March 27, 2023
Electrical engineer hopes to revolutionize cellular network design to increase connectivity for all Canadians.
The post Mahmoud Hasabelnaby is looking towards the future of mobile networks appeared first on UBC Okanagan News.
By Viola Cohen on March 20, 2023
Doctoral student ready to make meaningful contributions to the field of engineering.
The post Hamed Mirzaei is exploring the silent symphony of materials-gas interactions appeared first on UBC Okanagan News.
By Viola Cohen on March 13, 2023
Doctoral student wants to strengthen soils with the help of biological substances.
The post Akanksha Bhurtel’s homeland of Nepal inspired her engineering studies appeared first on UBC Okanagan News.
By Viola Cohen on February 27, 2023
Doctoral student aims to support other young researchers while developing sustainable infrastructure for society.
The post Haile Woldesellasse wants to give back in many ways appeared first on UBC Okanagan News.
- All In Story
- Campus Feature
- College of Graduate Studies
- Community, Culture and Global Studies
- Computer Science
- Computer Science, Mathematics, Physics, and Statistics
- Deputy Vice-Chancellor and Principal (Office of the)
- Earth and Environmental Sciences
- Earth, Environmental and Geographic Sciences
- Economics, Philosophy and Political Science
- Facilities Management
- Faculty of Creative and Critical Studies
- Faculty of Health and Social Development
- Faculty of Management
- Global Message
- Health, Safety and Environment
- History and Sociology
- In the Field
- Indigenous Programs and Services
- Institute for Healthy Living and Chronic Disease Prevention
- Institute for Healthy Living and Chronic Disease Prevention (IHLCDP)
- International Programs and Services
- Irving K Barber Faculty of Arts and Social Sciences
- Irving K. Barber Faculty of Science
- Irving K. Barber School of Arts and Sciences
- Media Advisory
- Media Q&A
- Media Release
- Media Releases
- Medical Physics
- Message from Leadership
- Okanagan School of Education
- Okanagan Story
- Research and Innovation (Office of the Vice-Principal)
- Researchers of the Year
- School of Engineering
- School of Health and Exercise Sciences
- School of Nursing
- School of Social Work
- Southern Medical Program
- Students (Office of the Associate Vice-President)
- Survive and Thrive Applied Research (STAR)
- Upcoming Events