Southern Medical Program
By Patty Wellborn on May 30, 2023
UBC experts discuss the intersection of nutrition, exercise and chronic disease prevention
The post Southern Medical Program presents strategies to improve overall health appeared first on UBC Okanagan News.
By David Trifunov on May 15, 2023
Weight gain is as much of a concern to those fighting the disease
The post UBCO research says resistance exercise may help regulate appetite in breast cancer survivors appeared first on UBC Okanagan News.
By David Trifunov on March 15, 2023
Lack of services means many Indigenous women in NWT face maternal evacuation
The post UBC researcher looks at the effect of leaving home to give birth appeared first on UBC Okanagan News.
By Patty Wellborn on November 30, 2022
Health experts discuss how to keep your metabolic health in check
The post UBCO Faculty of Medicine presents strategies for aging well appeared first on UBC Okanagan News.
By Viola Cohen on November 18, 2022
UBCO’s Dr. Christopher West is part of an interdisciplinary team exploring how implantable technologies can help people with spinal cord injury live longer, healthier lives.
By Patty Wellborn on November 14, 2022
UBCO study shows primary health professionals can help improve habits
The post Diet and lifestyle education in a family practice clinic can benefit wellbeing appeared first on UBC Okanagan News.
By Viola Cohen on October 23, 2022
Researchers at UBCO are exploring the critical role family physicians play in post-cancer care.
The post A team approach to understanding post-treatment cancer care appeared first on UBC Okanagan News.
By Patty Wellborn on April 21, 2022
Today, the Faculty of Medicine celebrated the 10th anniversary of the Southern Medical Program (SMP) at the University of British Columbia Okanagan (UBCO) campus in Kelowna.
The post UBC’s Southern Medical Program celebrates 10 years of graduating doctors in B.C.’s Interior appeared first on UBC Okanagan News.
By Patty Wellborn on March 10, 2022
Fewer than one per cent of disabled population included in scientific research
The post UBCO researchers call out scientists for ignoring people with disabilities appeared first on UBC Okanagan News.
- All In Story
- Campus Feature
- College of Graduate Studies
- Community, Culture and Global Studies
- Computer Science
- Computer Science, Mathematics, Physics, and Statistics
- Deputy Vice-Chancellor and Principal (Office of the)
- Earth and Environmental Sciences
- Earth, Environmental and Geographic Sciences
- Economics, Philosophy and Political Science
- Facilities Management
- Faculty of Creative and Critical Studies
- Faculty of Health and Social Development
- Faculty of Management
- Global Message
- Health, Safety and Environment
- History and Sociology
- In the Field
- Indigenous Programs and Services
- Institute for Healthy Living and Chronic Disease Prevention
- Institute for Healthy Living and Chronic Disease Prevention (IHLCDP)
- International Programs and Services
- Irving K Barber Faculty of Arts and Social Sciences
- Irving K. Barber Faculty of Science
- Irving K. Barber School of Arts and Sciences
- Media Advisory
- Media Q&A
- Media Release
- Media Releases
- Medical Physics
- Message from Leadership
- Okanagan School of Education
- Okanagan Story
- Research and Innovation (Office of the Vice-Principal)
- Researchers of the Year
- School of Engineering
- School of Health and Exercise Sciences
- School of Nursing
- School of Social Work
- Southern Medical Program
- Students (Office of the Associate Vice-President)
- Survive and Thrive Applied Research (STAR)
- University Relations
- Upcoming Events