Faculty of Health and Social Development
By Viola Cohen on June 27, 2022
UBC Okanagan is expanding to downtown Kelowna, reinforcing its community ties.
Posted in Deputy Vice-Chancellor and Principal (Office of the), Faculty of Creative and Critical Studies, Faculty of Health and Social Development, Faculty of Management, Okanagan Story, Research and Innovation (Office of the Vice-Principal), School of Nursing, School of Social Work, Students (Office of the Associate Vice-President)
By Patty Wellborn on June 14, 2022
Team looking at how screen and sleep habits have changed during COVID-19
The post UBCO researchers tune in to children’s screen time and sleep appeared first on UBC Okanagan News.
By Viola Cohen on May 30, 2022
The exercise neuroscientist is introducing STEM to underrepresented youth and helping older adults age in place.
The post Dr. Jennifer Jakobi brings people together with a purpose appeared first on UBC Okanagan News.
By Viola Cohen on May 24, 2022
UBC Okanagan research probing the mysteries of human balance will help us stand better and fall less as we age
By Viola Cohen on May 9, 2022
Dr. Ali McManus and her research team are exploring what happens to children at high altitude.
By Patty Wellborn on May 9, 2022
Winners of prestigious awards announced at special ceremony
By Violetta Cohen on March 21, 2022
Assistant professor’s passion for change manifests in community research.
The post Dr. Sana Shahram is removing the barriers to health equity appeared first on UBC Okanagan News.
By Patty Wellborn on March 16, 2022
Experts look at lockdowns, vaccines, online trends, kindness and screen time
The post UBCO experts discuss what’s changed after two years of COVID-19 appeared first on UBC Okanagan News.
Posted in Faculty of Creative and Critical Studies, Faculty of Health and Social Development, Irving K Barber Faculty of Arts and Social Sciences, Media Advisory, Okanagan School of Education, School of Engineering, School of Health and Exercise Sciences, School of Nursing
By Violetta Cohen on January 24, 2022
From international to community collaborations, partnerships are at the heart of Dr. Femke Hoekstra’s academic journey.
By Patty Wellborn on November 30, 2021
Scientific knowledge can lead to a healthy lifestyle, smart decisions
- Campus Feature
- College of Graduate Studies
- Computer Science
- Deputy Vice-Chancellor and Principal (Office of the)
- Earth and Environmental Sciences
- Earth, Environmental and Geographic Sciences
- Faculty of Creative and Critical Studies
- Faculty of Health and Social Development
- Faculty of Management
- Global Message
- In the Field
- Institute for Healthy Living and Chronic Disease Prevention
- Institute for Healthy Living and Chronic Disease Prevention (IHLCDP)
- Irving K Barber Faculty of Arts and Social Sciences
- Irving K. Barber Faculty of Science
- Irving K. Barber School of Arts and Sciences
- Media Advisory
- Media Q&A
- Media Release
- Media Releases
- Medical Physics
- Okanagan School of Education
- Okanagan Story
- Research and Innovation (Office of the Vice-Principal)
- Researchers of the Year
- School of Engineering
- School of Health and Exercise Sciences
- School of Nursing
- School of Social Work
- Southern Medical Program
- Students (Office of the Associate Vice-President)
- Upcoming Events