By David Trifunov on November 23, 2023
Stairclimbing between meetings can break up sedentary time and boost activity
The post UBCO researchers show it’s possible to step up activity, “snack” more at work appeared first on UBC Okanagan News.
By David Trifunov on November 15, 2023
As the iconic species moves north to adapt, it needs suitable habitat
The post Grasslands key to burrowing owl expansion amid climate change, UBC Okanagan study finds appeared first on UBC Okanagan News.
By David Trifunov on November 14, 2023
Remission Possible campaign reaches thousands of people to increase hope
The post UBCO researchers spread the message that Type 2 diabetes remission is achievable appeared first on UBC Okanagan News.
By Patty Wellborn on October 26, 2023
Gaming strategy helps plan for and prevent attacks on infrastructure
The post UBC Okanagan researchers work to be guardians of the city appeared first on UBC Okanagan News.
By Patty Wellborn on October 24, 2023
New UBCO study investigates if canine intervention therapy is gender inclusive
The post Canine cuddles can comfort equally across all genders appeared first on UBC Okanagan News.
By Patty Wellborn on October 19, 2023
UBCO researchers join international team to improve fire prediction modelling, especially for western North American power grid
The post Advanced wildfire research could save billions, protect vital power supply appeared first on UBC Okanagan News.
By Patty Wellborn on October 17, 2023
Game-changing technology can make airplanes, bridges and pipelines safer
The post UBCO researchers hope to prevent catastrophes with next-generation sensors appeared first on UBC Okanagan News.
By Patty Wellborn on October 11, 2023
Even if you have the freedom to speak your mind, is anyone listening?
The post UBCO to host second debate: Free Speech is Not Dead appeared first on UBC Okanagan News.
By David Trifunov on October 3, 2023
UBC Okanagan researchers study how wind farms can change airstream patterns
The post Powerful answers to energy questions may be blowing in the wind appeared first on UBC Okanagan News.
By David Trifunov on September 27, 2023
About half of the Bonaparte River’s watershed was affected by fire in 2017
The post UBCO researcher examines how wildfires can transform rivers appeared first on UBC Okanagan News.
- All In Story
- Campus Feature
- College of Graduate Studies
- Community, Culture and Global Studies
- Computer Science
- Computer Science, Mathematics, Physics, and Statistics
- Deputy Vice-Chancellor and Principal (Office of the)
- Earth and Environmental Sciences
- Earth, Environmental and Geographic Sciences
- Economics, Philosophy and Political Science
- Facilities Management
- Faculty of Creative and Critical Studies
- Faculty of Health and Social Development
- Faculty of Management
- Global Message
- Health, Safety and Environment
- History and Sociology
- In the Field
- Indigenous Programs and Services
- Institute for Healthy Living and Chronic Disease Prevention
- Institute for Healthy Living and Chronic Disease Prevention (IHLCDP)
- International Programs and Services
- Irving K Barber Faculty of Arts and Social Sciences
- Irving K. Barber Faculty of Science
- Irving K. Barber School of Arts and Sciences
- Media Advisory
- Media Q&A
- Media Release
- Media Releases
- Medical Physics
- Message from Leadership
- Okanagan School of Education
- Okanagan Story
- Research and Innovation (Office of the Vice-Principal)
- Researchers of the Year
- School of Engineering
- School of Health and Exercise Sciences
- School of Nursing
- School of Social Work
- Southern Medical Program
- Students (Office of the Associate Vice-President)
- Survive and Thrive Applied Research (STAR)
- University Relations
- Upcoming Events