Irving K. Barber Faculty of Science
By Patty Wellborn on November 28, 2022
Students win gold with their bright idea to tackle the climate crisis
The post UBCO team shines at international event with a living light bulb appeared first on UBC Okanagan News.
By Viola Cohen on November 22, 2022
Annual ‘State of the Mountains’ report indicates our mountains aren’t immune from drastic weather systems plaguing the globe.
The post Canada’s mountains feeling the heat of climate change appeared first on UBC Okanagan News.
By Viola Cohen on November 21, 2022
Assistant Professor hopes to answer some of earth sciences’ most pressing questions.
The post Dr. Brendan Dyck’s passion reaches from the tiniest minerals to entire planets appeared first on UBC Okanagan News.
By David Trifunov on November 7, 2022
UBCO sustainability researchers chime in about the world’s burgeoning population
The post Global population is expected to reach 8 billion next week appeared first on UBC Okanagan News.
Posted in Biology, Chemistry, Economics, Philosophy and Political Science, Faculty of Health and Social Development, Irving K Barber Faculty of Arts and Social Sciences, Irving K. Barber Faculty of Science, Media Advisory, School of Engineering, School of Nursing
By Viola Cohen on September 12, 2022
Dr. Alex Hill and his team are mapping the gases between our stars to learn how the universe and our galaxy fit together.
By Patty Wellborn on August 25, 2022
UBCO researcher urges a need to delay trapping season
The post Missing grizzly bear toes result in call to change practices appeared first on UBC Okanagan News.
By Patty Wellborn on August 2, 2022
UBCO researcher creates hundreds of scenarios, determines importance of coral diversity
The post Computer modelling aims to inform restoration, conservation of coral reefs appeared first on UBC Okanagan News.
By Patty Wellborn on June 20, 2022
Study suggests rocks were deformed as part of Himalaya development
The post UBCO prof digs into geological history of rocks atop Everest appeared first on UBC Okanagan News.
By Patty Wellborn on May 26, 2022
In all wine-producing regions of the world, climate change is […]
The post UBC hosts international event to discuss climate change and the wine industry appeared first on UBC Okanagan News.
By Patty Wellborn on May 9, 2022
Winners of prestigious awards announced at special ceremony
- All In Story
- Campus Feature
- College of Graduate Studies
- Community, Culture and Global Studies
- Computer Science
- Computer Science, Mathematics, Physics, and Statistics
- Deputy Vice-Chancellor and Principal (Office of the)
- Earth and Environmental Sciences
- Earth, Environmental and Geographic Sciences
- Economics, Philosophy and Political Science
- Facilities Management
- Faculty of Creative and Critical Studies
- Faculty of Health and Social Development
- Faculty of Management
- Global Message
- In the Field
- Indigenous Programs and Services
- Institute for Healthy Living and Chronic Disease Prevention
- Institute for Healthy Living and Chronic Disease Prevention (IHLCDP)
- Irving K Barber Faculty of Arts and Social Sciences
- Irving K. Barber Faculty of Science
- Irving K. Barber School of Arts and Sciences
- Media Advisory
- Media Q&A
- Media Release
- Media Releases
- Medical Physics
- Okanagan School of Education
- Okanagan Story
- Research and Innovation (Office of the Vice-Principal)
- Researchers of the Year
- School of Engineering
- School of Health and Exercise Sciences
- School of Nursing
- School of Social Work
- Southern Medical Program
- Students (Office of the Associate Vice-President)
- Upcoming Events