Irving K. Barber Faculty of Science
By David Trifunov on September 27, 2023
About half of the Bonaparte River’s watershed was affected by fire in 2017
The post UBCO researcher examines how wildfires can transform rivers appeared first on UBC Okanagan News.
By Viola Cohen on September 13, 2023
UBC Okanagan researchers take an interdisciplinary approach to wildfire management.
By Patty Wellborn on September 13, 2023
Baby calls are essential for survival of endangered animals
The post UBCO researcher investigates how panda cubs communicate with their mother appeared first on UBC Okanagan News.
By Patty Wellborn on August 30, 2023
Topics range from wildfire preparedness, mapping and recovery
Posted in Biology, Computer Science, Mathematics, Physics, and Statistics, Earth, Environmental and Geographic Sciences, Faculty of Creative and Critical Studies, History and Sociology, Irving K Barber Faculty of Arts and Social Sciences, Irving K. Barber Faculty of Science, Media Advisory, School of Engineering
By Viola Cohen on July 10, 2023
UBCO iGEM project shines light on the climate crisis.
The post Undergraduate students think big with living light bulb appeared first on UBC Okanagan News.
By Patty Wellborn on July 6, 2023
Synthetic and solar fuels show potential as sustainable sources of power
The post UBCO researcher studies alternatives to fossil fuel derived energy appeared first on UBC Okanagan News.
By Patty Wellborn on June 27, 2023
Should someone with inflammatory bowel disease re-introduce fibre to their diet?
The post UBCO researcher swings the pendulum on fibre intake appeared first on UBC Okanagan News.
By Viola Cohen on June 19, 2023
Graduate students Dawn Machin and Sarah Alexis are incorporating traditional Indigenous knowledge into their research about our relationship with water.
By Patty Wellborn on June 13, 2023
Award-winning professor to explore galaxy formation, evolution
The post UBCO co-hosts esteemed astrophysicist Dr. Kristine Spekkens appeared first on UBC Okanagan News.
By Patty Wellborn on May 23, 2023
Intermittent fasting, where a person restricts the intake of any […]
The post Can intermittent fasting help those who live with Crohn’s disease? appeared first on UBC Okanagan News.
- All In Story
- Campus Feature
- College of Graduate Studies
- Community, Culture and Global Studies
- Computer Science
- Computer Science, Mathematics, Physics, and Statistics
- Deputy Vice-Chancellor and Principal (Office of the)
- Earth and Environmental Sciences
- Earth, Environmental and Geographic Sciences
- Economics, Philosophy and Political Science
- Facilities Management
- Faculty of Creative and Critical Studies
- Faculty of Health and Social Development
- Faculty of Management
- Global Message
- Health, Safety and Environment
- History and Sociology
- In the Field
- Indigenous Programs and Services
- Institute for Healthy Living and Chronic Disease Prevention
- Institute for Healthy Living and Chronic Disease Prevention (IHLCDP)
- International Programs and Services
- Irving K Barber Faculty of Arts and Social Sciences
- Irving K. Barber Faculty of Science
- Irving K. Barber School of Arts and Sciences
- Media Advisory
- Media Q&A
- Media Release
- Media Releases
- Medical Physics
- Message from Leadership
- Okanagan School of Education
- Okanagan Story
- Research and Innovation (Office of the Vice-Principal)
- Researchers of the Year
- School of Engineering
- School of Health and Exercise Sciences
- School of Nursing
- School of Social Work
- Southern Medical Program
- Students (Office of the Associate Vice-President)
- Survive and Thrive Applied Research (STAR)
- Upcoming Events