Irving K. Barber Faculty of Science
By David Trifunov on March 9, 2023
UBCO researcher tracks the migration pace of large rivers in permafrost regions
The post Arctic river channels changing due to climate change, scientists discover appeared first on UBC Okanagan News.
By Viola Cohen on January 27, 2023
Master’s graduate Janna Wale came to UBCO with one important question to answer, ‘Where are the salmon?’
The post Climate change is chasing away the salmon, so she’s chasing climate change appeared first on UBC Okanagan News.
By David Trifunov on January 11, 2023
UBCO researcher delves into stress behind packing lunch in a pandemic
By Viola Cohen on December 12, 2022
Postdoctoral Fellow is discovering how non-native species become invasive in our increasingly interconnected world.
The post Dr. Fabio Mologni is exploring biological invaders appeared first on UBC Okanagan News.
By Patty Wellborn on December 12, 2022
UBCO research aims to understand the aggressive spread of brain tumours
The post Tiny receptors might be key to preventing progression of brain cancer appeared first on UBC Okanagan News.
By Patty Wellborn on November 28, 2022
Students win gold with their bright idea to tackle the climate crisis
The post UBCO team shines at international event with a living light bulb appeared first on UBC Okanagan News.
By Viola Cohen on November 22, 2022
Annual ‘State of the Mountains’ report indicates our mountains aren’t immune from drastic weather systems plaguing the globe.
The post Canada’s mountains feeling the heat of climate change appeared first on UBC Okanagan News.
By Viola Cohen on November 21, 2022
Assistant Professor hopes to answer some of earth sciences’ most pressing questions.
The post Dr. Brendan Dyck’s passion reaches from the tiniest minerals to entire planets appeared first on UBC Okanagan News.
By David Trifunov on November 7, 2022
UBCO sustainability researchers chime in about the world’s burgeoning population
The post Global population is expected to reach 8 billion next week appeared first on UBC Okanagan News.
Posted in Biology, Chemistry, Economics, Philosophy and Political Science, Faculty of Health and Social Development, Irving K Barber Faculty of Arts and Social Sciences, Irving K. Barber Faculty of Science, Media Advisory, School of Engineering, School of Nursing
- All In Story
- Campus Feature
- College of Graduate Studies
- Community, Culture and Global Studies
- Computer Science
- Computer Science, Mathematics, Physics, and Statistics
- Deputy Vice-Chancellor and Principal (Office of the)
- Earth and Environmental Sciences
- Earth, Environmental and Geographic Sciences
- Economics, Philosophy and Political Science
- Facilities Management
- Faculty of Creative and Critical Studies
- Faculty of Health and Social Development
- Faculty of Management
- Global Message
- Health, Safety and Environment
- History and Sociology
- In the Field
- Indigenous Programs and Services
- Institute for Healthy Living and Chronic Disease Prevention
- Institute for Healthy Living and Chronic Disease Prevention (IHLCDP)
- International Programs and Services
- Irving K Barber Faculty of Arts and Social Sciences
- Irving K. Barber Faculty of Science
- Irving K. Barber School of Arts and Sciences
- Media Advisory
- Media Q&A
- Media Release
- Media Releases
- Medical Physics
- Message from Leadership
- Okanagan School of Education
- Okanagan Story
- Research and Innovation (Office of the Vice-Principal)
- Researchers of the Year
- School of Engineering
- School of Health and Exercise Sciences
- School of Nursing
- School of Social Work
- Southern Medical Program
- Students (Office of the Associate Vice-President)
- Survive and Thrive Applied Research (STAR)
- Upcoming Events