We understand that the wellness of our community is inextricably linked to culture, creative arts and social justice. The engaged rural and remote communities that surround us make the region an ideal testing ground for engaging creativity and art to advance community diversity, cultural richness and resilience.
Our researchers are having profound impacts on our art and creative industries, language revitalization, digital humanities, and intercultural understanding and are leaders in indigenous community-based research.
Resources & Links
- Institute for Community Engaged Research (ICER)
- Centre for Inclusion and Citizenship
- Canada Research Chair in Okanagan Indigenous Knowledge and Philosophy
- AMP Lab (formerly Humanities Data Lab)
- Centre for Culture and Technology
- Woodhaven Eco Culture Centre
- Summer Indigenous Art Intensive
- Cultural Safety Project for Aboriginal Health
- Bridges Program for Aboriginal Youth