UBCO researchers identify best strategy to reduce human-bear conflict
By Nathan Skolski on June 17, 2021
Conservationists have long warned of the dangers associated with bears becoming habituated to life in urban areas. Yet, it appears the message hasn’t gotten through to everyone.
Posted in Biology, Irving K. Barber Faculty of Science, Media Releases, Research, Spotlight
Major federal investment brings $3.6M in new research funding to UBCO campus
By Jenny Matechuk on June 15, 2021
UBCO receives $3.6M in federal funding from NSERC and SSHRC to support 22 new research projects.
Posted in Announcements, Funding, Research | Tagged funding, Research
New funding for immersive technologies makes virtual a reality at UBCO
By Patty Wellborn on June 10, 2021
Funding from the Government of Canada will help establish one of the world’s first truly interdisciplinary immersive technologies graduate program at UBC’s Okanagan campus.
Posted in Media Releases, Research, School of Engineering, Spotlight
Health of Canadians with disabilities suffering during the pandemic
By Patty Wellborn on June 2, 2021
A new study led by UBC researchers and the Ontario-based Abilities Centre is sounding the alarm over the damaging effects of COVID-19 for Canadians with disabilities.
Posted in Health, Media Releases, Research
UBCO researchers examine how pandemics impact the homeless
By Patty Wellborn on May 25, 2021
A team of UBC Okanagan researchers is looking at strategies that could help the homeless during a pandemic.
Posted in Faculty of Health and Social Development, Media Releases, Research, Spotlight
No time to exercise? No problem, says UBCO researcher
By Christine Zeindler on May 20, 2021
As pandemic restrictions continue, many are looking for innovative ways to get regular exercise—especially as Zoom meetings seem to creep more into personal time.
Posted in Faculty of Health and Social Development, Health, Media Releases, Research, School of Health and Exercise Sciences
Parental consumption shapes how teens think about and use cannabis
By Patty Wellborn on May 19, 2021
Turns out the old adage, “monkey see, monkey do,” does ring true — even when it comes to cannabis use. However, when cannabis use involves youth, it’s see, think, then do, says a team of UBC Okanagan researchers.
Posted in Media Releases, Psychology, Research, Spotlight
UBCO honours four outstanding researchers of the year
By Patty Wellborn on May 10, 2021
Last Thursday at a special virtual ceremony, UBC Okanagan researchers were honoured for their innovative and groundbreaking work.
Posted in College of Graduate Studies, Faculty of Health and Social Development, Faculty of Management, Media Releases, Research, School of Engineering, School of Health and Exercise Sciences
UBCO researcher examines therapeutic use of psychedelic drugs
By Patty Wellborn on May 10, 2021
Michelle St. Pierre has been named UBC Okanagan’s student researcher of the year.
Posted in College of Graduate Studies, Media Releases, Psychology, Research
2021 CRET Funding Announcement
By Jenny Matechuk on May 5, 2021
The Office of the Vice-Principal, Research and Innovation is pleased to announce the second round of funding for the Critical Research Equipment and Tools (CRET) program.
Posted in Announcements, Research | Tagged equipment, funding, Office of the Vice-Principal Research
- All In Story
- Campus Feature
- College of Graduate Studies
- Community, Culture and Global Studies
- Computer Science
- Computer Science, Mathematics, Physics, and Statistics
- Deputy Vice-Chancellor and Principal (Office of the)
- Earth and Environmental Sciences
- Earth, Environmental and Geographic Sciences
- Economics, Philosophy and Political Science
- Facilities Management
- Faculty of Creative and Critical Studies
- Faculty of Health and Social Development
- Faculty of Management
- Global Message
- Health, Safety and Environment
- History and Sociology
- In the Field
- Indigenous Programs and Services
- Institute for Healthy Living and Chronic Disease Prevention
- Institute for Healthy Living and Chronic Disease Prevention (IHLCDP)
- International Programs and Services
- Irving K Barber Faculty of Arts and Social Sciences
- Irving K. Barber Faculty of Science
- Irving K. Barber School of Arts and Sciences
- Media Advisory
- Media Q&A
- Media Release
- Media Releases
- Medical Physics
- Okanagan School of Education
- Okanagan Story
- Research and Innovation (Office of the Vice-Principal)
- Researchers of the Year
- School of Engineering
- School of Health and Exercise Sciences
- School of Nursing
- School of Social Work
- Southern Medical Program
- Students (Office of the Associate Vice-President)
- Survive and Thrive Applied Research (STAR)
- Upcoming Events