The Vice-Principal Research has established the Eminence Program to provide funding to develop clusters of research excellence at UBC Okanagan. For the purposes of this funding competition, a cluster of research excellence is defined as an interdisciplinary network of researchers focused on solving key challenges facing society.
Click here for a more detailed cluster definition and list of expectations.
The Eminence Program is specifically intended to catalyze research and knowledge creation initiatives that will be used strategically to attract further external opportunities (e.g., partnerships, grants, trainee support programs, corporate sponsorship, NGO collaborations etc.). The Eminence Program has been designed to support clusters that leverage existing strengths and are aligned with the strategic plans of the units, faculties, campus and university.
Click here to review a full description of the Eminence Program and its terms and conditions.
Successful applications will be funded for 3 years, with the potential to renew for one additional 3 year term. Annual budgets can range from $20,000 to a maximum of $200,000 per cluster. $400,000 is available for this competition.
Evaluation Criteria and Adjudication Process:
Proposals (4 pages maximum) will be adjudicated based on the following assessment criteria:
- Quality of the proposed project(s) that will be achieved by the cluster;
- Excellence of the research team, as determined by impact statement, discipline-specific metrics, national and international standing, external funding levels;
- Articulation of clear and measurable goals, milestones and anticipated outcomes;
- Alignment of the research cluster with strategic plans of the units, faculties, campus and university;
- The extent to which proposed cluster addresses the two cross‐cutting strategic domains. A justification should be provided if the proposed cluster does not directly address one or both of the domains outlined at research.ok.ubc.ca/faculty-staff/eminence;
- The extent to which proposed recruitments addresses equity and diversity issues
Application Deadline | Monday, September 18, 2017 (4pm)
Results Expected | Monday, October 16, 2017
How to Apply:
Click here to download the application form (fillable PDF).
All applications should be submitted to the Office of Research Services Reception (FIP 336) by the deadline stated above.
If you have questions regarding the Eminence Program, please email email@example.com.
Last reviewed 9/21/2017 6:43:52 PM