Today, we announced the 2020 call for nominations for UBC Okanagan’s Principal’s Research Chair (PRC) program, which supports the recruitment of outstanding new faculty and retention of our top research scholars who are, or have the potential to be, leaders in building and intensifying world-renowned research at UBCO.
The PRC program has two streams:
- Attraction: aimed at recruiting top caliber faculty members to UBCO; and
- Retention: aimed at retaining excellent faculty members at UBCO.
Full program details, including eligibility guidelines, evaluation criteria, and competition deadlines are available here.
- Nomination deadline: Dec. 8, 2020 (4:00 pm)
- PRC allocations confirmed: January 14, 2021
- Funding available: April 1, 2021 (for retention stream);
prior to December 15, 2021 (for attraction stream)
- Recruitment deadline: December 15, 2021
Nominations must be submitted by deans for consideration.
Deans may submit multiple requests for Principal’s Research Chair allocations but are required to rank their attraction and retention nominations.
Application packages, including a ranked list of nominations from a faculty (if applicable), must be submitted to email@example.com by December 8, 2020.
Should you have questions regarding the program, please contact: Christine Humphries.