Archives by date
You are browsing the site archives by date.
UBCO receives funding for high-risk, high-reward interdisciplinary research
By Jenny Matechuk on May 31, 2021
UBCO receives $250K through New Frontiers in Research Fund (2020 Exploration Stream) to study the seasonal impacts of microplastic inhalation on health.
Posted in Announcements, Biology, Funding, Irving K. Barber Faculty of Science, School of Engineering | Tagged Awards, funding
UBCO researchers examine how pandemics impact the homeless
By Patty Wellborn on May 25, 2021
A team of UBC Okanagan researchers is looking at strategies that could help the homeless during a pandemic.
Posted in Faculty of Health and Social Development, Media Releases, Research, Spotlight
No time to exercise? No problem, says UBCO researcher
By Christine Zeindler on May 20, 2021
As pandemic restrictions continue, many are looking for innovative ways to get regular exercise—especially as Zoom meetings seem to creep more into personal time.
Posted in Faculty of Health and Social Development, Health, Media Releases, Research, School of Health and Exercise Sciences
Parental consumption shapes how teens think about and use cannabis
By Patty Wellborn on May 19, 2021
Turns out the old adage, “monkey see, monkey do,” does ring true — even when it comes to cannabis use. However, when cannabis use involves youth, it’s see, think, then do, says a team of UBC Okanagan researchers.
Posted in Media Releases, Psychology, Research, Spotlight
UBCO honours four outstanding researchers of the year
By Patty Wellborn on May 10, 2021
Last Thursday at a special virtual ceremony, UBC Okanagan researchers were honoured for their innovative and groundbreaking work.
Posted in College of Graduate Studies, Faculty of Health and Social Development, Faculty of Management, Media Releases, Research, School of Engineering, School of Health and Exercise Sciences
UBCO researcher examines therapeutic use of psychedelic drugs
By Patty Wellborn on May 10, 2021
Michelle St. Pierre has been named UBC Okanagan’s student researcher of the year.
Posted in College of Graduate Studies, Media Releases, Psychology, Research
2021 CRET Funding Announcement
By Jenny Matechuk on May 5, 2021
The Office of the Vice-Principal, Research and Innovation is pleased to announce the second round of funding for the Critical Research Equipment and Tools (CRET) program.
Posted in Announcements, Research | Tagged equipment, funding, Office of the Vice-Principal Research
UBCO cardiovascular researcher urges women to listen to their hearts
By Patty Wellborn on May 5, 2021
A UBC Okanagan researcher is urging people to learn and then heed the symptoms of atrial fibrillation (AF). Especially women.
Posted in College of Graduate Studies, Faculty of Health and Social Development, Health, Media Releases, Research, School of Nursing
UBCO researcher uses geology to help astronomers find habitable planets
By Nathan Skolski on May 4, 2021
Astronomers have identified more than 4,000, and counting, confirmed exoplanets — planets orbiting stars other than the sun — but only a fraction have the potential to sustain life.
Posted in Media Releases, Research, Spotlight
- All In Story
- Campus Feature
- College of Graduate Studies
- Community, Culture and Global Studies
- Computer Science
- Computer Science, Mathematics, Physics, and Statistics
- Deputy Vice-Chancellor and Principal (Office of the)
- Earth and Environmental Sciences
- Earth, Environmental and Geographic Sciences
- Economics, Philosophy and Political Science
- Facilities Management
- Faculty of Creative and Critical Studies
- Faculty of Health and Social Development
- Faculty of Management
- Global Message
- Health, Safety and Environment
- History and Sociology
- In the Field
- Indigenous Programs and Services
- Institute for Healthy Living and Chronic Disease Prevention
- Institute for Healthy Living and Chronic Disease Prevention (IHLCDP)
- International Programs and Services
- Irving K Barber Faculty of Arts and Social Sciences
- Irving K. Barber Faculty of Science
- Irving K. Barber School of Arts and Sciences
- Media Advisory
- Media Q&A
- Media Release
- Media Releases
- Medical Physics
- Okanagan School of Education
- Okanagan Story
- Research and Innovation (Office of the Vice-Principal)
- Researchers of the Year
- School of Engineering
- School of Health and Exercise Sciences
- School of Nursing
- School of Social Work
- Southern Medical Program
- Students (Office of the Associate Vice-President)
- Survive and Thrive Applied Research (STAR)
- Upcoming Events