Discover the latest news from the Office of the Vice-Principal, Research & Innovation through our research community news feed below.
By Amber Hanson on April 7, 2022
Two new Clusters of Research Excellence were awarded Eminence funding in the 2021 competition and two existing clusters received renawal funding to continue their work.
Posted in Announcements
By Amber Hanson on January 12, 2022
Drs. Jennifer Davis (Faculty of Management), Isaac Li (Faculty of Science) and Astrida Neimanis (Faculty of Creative & Critical Studies | Faculty of Arts & Social Sciences) were each awarded Tier 2 Canada Research Chairs for their groundbreaking work. Davis and Li also received CFI-JELF funding in partnership with the Canada Research Chairs (CRC) program.
Posted in Announcements, Faculty of Creative and Critical Studies, Faculty of Management, Infrastructure, Irving K. Barber Faculty of Science, Media Release, Research, Research and Innovation (Office of the Vice-Principal) | Tagged CRC, Infrastructure, JELF, Research
By Amber Hanson on July 23, 2021
Researchers applying for an NSERC Alliance grant are required to complete a risk assessment form for projects involving private sector organization partners. Any identified risks will require an accompanying risk mitigation plan.
By Amber Hanson on July 15, 2021
Deans are invited to submit proposals on behalf of researchers and scholars in all research or knowledge creation fields to support the identification, development, planning and implementation of new shared research facilities at UBC Okanagan.
By Amber Hanson on June 30, 2021
The Offices of Research Ethics on the Vancouver and Okanagan campuses have updated their guidance in anticipation of a full resumption of in-person behavioural research in the coming months.
By Amber Hanson on May 31, 2021
UBCO receives $250K through New Frontiers in Research Fund (2020 Exploration Stream) to study the seasonal impacts of microplastic inhalation on health.
By Amber Hanson on May 5, 2021
The Office of the Vice-Principal, Research and Innovation is pleased to announce the second round of funding for the Critical Research Equipment and Tools (CRET) program.
- Campus Feature
- College of Graduate Studies
- Computer Science
- Deputy Vice-Chancellor and Principal (Office of the)
- Earth and Environmental Sciences
- Earth, Environmental and Geographic Sciences
- Faculty of Creative and Critical Studies
- Faculty of Health and Social Development
- Faculty of Management
- Global Message
- In the Field
- Institute for Healthy Living and Chronic Disease Prevention
- Institute for Healthy Living and Chronic Disease Prevention (IHLCDP)
- Irving K Barber Faculty of Arts and Social Sciences
- Irving K. Barber Faculty of Science
- Irving K. Barber School of Arts and Sciences
- Media Advisory
- Media Q&A
- Media Release
- Media Releases
- Medical Physics
- Okanagan School of Education
- Okanagan Story
- Research and Innovation (Office of the Vice-Principal)
- Researchers of the Year
- School of Engineering
- School of Health and Exercise Sciences
- School of Nursing
- School of Social Work
- Southern Medical Program
- Students (Office of the Associate Vice-President)
- Upcoming Events