Discover the latest news from the Office of the Vice-Principal, Research & Innovation through our research community news feed below.
By Cory Habermehl on November 16, 2022
Researcher Mary Clare Kennedy from UBC Okanagan’s Faculty of Health and Social Development is named the Tier 2 Canada Research Chair in Substance Use, Policy and Practice.
Dr. Kennedy’s research examines the social-structural aspects of health among people who use drugs and evaluates the implementation and effectiveness of novel harm reduction interventions, including safe supply programs and innovations in supervised consumption service delivery.
By Cory Habermehl on October 21, 2022
Past successes and future opportunities were the main topics of discussion when Natural Sciences and Engineering Research Council of Canada (NSERC) president, Alejandro Adem, visited UBC Okanagan.
By Cory Habermehl on September 21, 2022
Six UBC Okanagan research projects will collectively receive more than $800,000 in infrastructure funding.
By Cory Habermehl on September 20, 2022
The British Columbia Knowledge Development Fund (BCKDF) has announced funding for 23 research projects at UBCO, the largest number of provincially funded projects in campus history.
By Cory Habermehl on September 16, 2022
Assistant professor and researcher Sarah Kraeutner named as a Michael Smith Scholar by Michael Smith Health Research BC for her work in neuroscience and recovery after stroke.
By Cory Habermehl on September 7, 2022
Associate professor Eric Li named among Canada’s top scholars by Royal Society of Canada Faculty of Management associate professor Eric Li has received a prestigious honour from the Royal Society of Canada (RSC), having been named a member of the College of New Scholars, Artists and Scientists. The College is Canada’s first national system of […]
By Jenny Matechuk on August 4, 2022
Top-tier UBC Okanagan researchers have been designated Principal’s Research Chairholders.
By Jenny Matechuk on April 7, 2022
Two new Clusters of Research Excellence were awarded Eminence funding in the 2021 competition and two existing clusters received renawal funding to continue their work.
Posted in Announcements
By Jenny Matechuk on January 12, 2022
Drs. Jennifer Davis (Faculty of Management), Isaac Li (Faculty of Science) and Astrida Neimanis (Faculty of Creative & Critical Studies | Faculty of Arts & Social Sciences) were each awarded Tier 2 Canada Research Chairs for their groundbreaking work. Davis and Li also received CFI-JELF funding in partnership with the Canada Research Chairs (CRC) program.
Posted in Announcements, Faculty of Creative and Critical Studies, Faculty of Management, Infrastructure, Irving K. Barber Faculty of Science, Media Release, Research, Research and Innovation (Office of the Vice-Principal) | Tagged CRC, Infrastructure, JELF, Research
- All In Story
- Campus Feature
- College of Graduate Studies
- Community, Culture and Global Studies
- Computer Science
- Computer Science, Mathematics, Physics, and Statistics
- Deputy Vice-Chancellor and Principal (Office of the)
- Earth and Environmental Sciences
- Earth, Environmental and Geographic Sciences
- Economics, Philosophy and Political Science
- Facilities Management
- Faculty of Creative and Critical Studies
- Faculty of Health and Social Development
- Faculty of Management
- Global Message
- In the Field
- Indigenous Programs and Services
- Institute for Healthy Living and Chronic Disease Prevention
- Institute for Healthy Living and Chronic Disease Prevention (IHLCDP)
- Irving K Barber Faculty of Arts and Social Sciences
- Irving K. Barber Faculty of Science
- Irving K. Barber School of Arts and Sciences
- Media Advisory
- Media Q&A
- Media Release
- Media Releases
- Medical Physics
- Okanagan School of Education
- Okanagan Story
- Research and Innovation (Office of the Vice-Principal)
- Researchers of the Year
- School of Engineering
- School of Health and Exercise Sciences
- School of Nursing
- School of Social Work
- Southern Medical Program
- Students (Office of the Associate Vice-President)
- Upcoming Events